- 1 cup buttermilk(or 1 cup fresh milk with 1 tbsp vinegar) -i used apple cider
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil (i used organic peanut oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 flour (i used whole wheat)
- 1/8 cup sugar ( i used honey, and used only half of 1/8 since we’re on a diet)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
(you can add 1/2 tsp salt but i try to stay away from it so i didnt add any)
NOTE: Strawberry Sauce will be featured on a separate post 🙂
mix together all ingredients under A. in a separate bowl mix all ingredients under B. combine together (dont overmix).
Heat your waffle maker and pour in batter, about 1/3 cup per waffle. If you don’t have a waffle maker, You can turn this into Pancakes too!
heat non stick pan and pour batter in pan. i dont use butter to make it diet friendly. flip over once browned. serve with your favorite jam spread. i use organic peanut butter and slices of banana. 🙂