At the start of the year, there has been a significant increase of Flu Virus cases in the Metro. My husband and two kids unfortunately caught the Virus and i saw how it really affected their health. As a mom, there is always a restart button, always a chance to make things right. After this incident, i decided to start cooking for my family again. From my kids baon, to their lunch, merienda and dinner. I am not a cook! but a mom who wants to properly nourished my family’s health.
And so as i start, i thought of using two nutritious vegetable- our favorite- Spinach and Malunggay. Here are the ingredients on how to cook this simple beef recipe.
(Good for 2 to 3)
1 head Garlic
1 head Onion
1/4 Beef (Sirloin) cut into cubes
2 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
2 cups spinach (leaves only)
1 /2 cup malunggay (leaves only)
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup water (as needed)
How to Cook:
- Marinate Soy Sauce and Beef for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the pan, saute onion and garlic.
- Add Beef and let it simmer for 5 minutes; add the Black Pepper.
- Put 1 cup of water and let it boil until the beef is tender. I used around 3 cups of water. Just add water if it starts to dry up.
- Once the beef is tender (make sure there’s enough water to cook vegetables) add the Spinach and Malunggay. Let its simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the dish. Enjoy!
This recipe is easy, simple and healthy 🙂 the kids love it!